Free WordPress Plugin for Facebook
Once the plugin is installed, you can cross-post content published to WordPress to your Facebook Timeline and the Facebook Pages you manage. You can also mention the names of Pages and friends as you post to further distribute your content.
The following social plugins are available as WordPress widgets:
Activity Feed: Shows readers their friends’ activity on the site, such as likes and comments.
Comments Box: Makes it easy for people to comment on your site and post back to Facebook, and includes moderation tools. The plugin also features automatic SEO support for Facebook Comments, so search engines can index them to improve your site’s visibility.TechCrunch, Buzz Media and The Next Web are already using the plugin to connect with their audiences while providing users with more engaging and personalized experiences. The plugin is available for all sites on WordPress.com VIP as well.WordPress powers 16.6 percent of the web, from The New York Times to People Magazine, and attracts more than 600 million unique visitors each month. We hope the plugin makes it possible for WordPress content to be shared even more widely among people.
Click to download the Free Facebook WordPress plugin now
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FACEBOOK WORDPRESS PLUGIN
Facebook for WordPress
Facebook for WordPress enables you to make your site social in a couple of clicks. No coding needed.
How to Install
- Install Facebook for WordPress either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the plugin to your server (in the
- After activating the plugin, you will be asked to set up your Facebook app (via https://developers.facebook.com/apps), with step-by-step instructions.
- That’s it. You’re ready to go! You should see the settings page below.
The plugin has a wide range of functionality, detailed below. Also, it supports internationalization, mobile, and is WordPress.com VIP approved.
Social Publishing and Mentions
When a Post or Page is published, it can be distributed to Facebook in a number of ways. Here’s a walk through.
The author can choose to mention Facebook friends or pages. They can also specify a message that will be posted with the content.
Once published, the content of the post of page will show up on all of the friends and pages’ Facebook Timelines, resulting in more distribution for your site.
Once published, mentions show up in the post itself.
Depending on your settings, it will also appear on Facebook Timelines including
- The author’s Facebook Timeline as an Open Graph action.
- Any Facebook friends or pages’ Timeline that was mentioned as part of the post.
- A Facebook Page of your choosing, where all of your site’s content is published once it’s live.
Social Plugins on WordPress Posts and Pages
Many social plugins are offered and can be easily enabled on the settings page.
- Like, Send, and Subscribe buttons
- Comments, including SEO support (so that search engines can index the comments)
- Recommendations Bar, which allows users to click to start getting recommendations, Like content, and add what they’re reading to Timeline as they go
The plugin also supports WordPress Widgets, allowing you to easily drag-and-drop the social features that you want into your site’s sidebars.
Download the plugin at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/facebook to get started!
Enable Publishing to an Author’s Timeline
Once you’ve enabled “Publish to author’s Timeline”, you will need to set up the publish action in your app settings.
Follow these easy steps.
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps and click on your app
- Click the ‘Open Graph’ tab.
- Click ‘Create New Action Type’. You should see the dialog below.
- Enter ‘publish’ and click ‘Submit’.
- For ‘Connected Object Types:’, enter ‘article’ and click on the auto-complete.
In order for these posts to authors’ Timelines to be public, you will need to submit your action for approval.
- Authenticate with Facebook in the WordPress control panel (you will see a status message at the top, asking you to do so).
- Publish a post or page to your WordPress site. You should see the post on your Timeline. You can delete the blog post.
- Go back to the Open Graph tab in your app settings and click on the ‘Submit’ link next to the new publish action. This submits it for approval, which allows the public to see content posted from the author.
- Now, all authors on your WordPress blog will see a notification at the top of the admin control panel prompting them to authenticate with Facebook. Once they do that, all of their new Posts and Pages will post to their Timeline.